Lake Ridge Community Swim
2012 Pool Rules
The Board of Directors has established these rules for the benefit and protection of all Members and their guests. They were established to insure proper operation of the facility and to provide wholesome recreation for the Club members, their families and guests.
The Board of Directors places the responsibility for the maintenance of proper order, safety and cleanliness of the Club property, supervising the operating staff, and enforcing the rules with the Pool Management Company. The on duty Manager(s) is in complete charge of the pool facilities at all times.
ENFORCEMENT OF RULES
All life guards and Management staff have the responsibility for the enforcement of rules. Parents must instruct their children to obey all rules and instructions of all supervisory personnel. Members, their children and guests(s) are expected to show proper courtesy and fully cooperate with the Management staff at all times. The on duty Manager(s) has the responsibility and authority to suspend pool privileges as specified in these rules. Violation of any rule will result in immediate suspension of all membership privileges for 7 days for ALL family members. Disagreements or questions concerning decisions and/or actions of the Management staff should be brought to the attention of the Operations Chairperson immediately for resolution. Until the Operations Chairperson can be reached and the disagreement or question resolved, the decision of the Management staff shall be in force.
A list of pool dates and times will be posted on the bulletin board for all members to see as well as in appendix A. These will also be sent to each member in the Splash near the beginning of each year’s opening day. A list of dates and times of Swim Team competitions and related activities will also be included in the Splash.
The pool may be closed for maintenance, severe weather, or operational needs whenever such action is necessary in the judgment of the Board of Directors and/or the Pool Manager. The facility may be closed for Swim Team or other special activities as determined by the Board of Directors. These will also be published on the website.
The pool will be closed for lightning, thunder or hail and will remain closed for 45 minutes following the last lightning bolt or thunder roll. At the direction of the Management staff, patrons may wait for thunder, lightning, or hail to pass under the pavilion or in the bathrooms. If bad weather continues after 30 minutes, children will be encouraged to telephone for a ride. The pool will re-open immediately after the cessation of hail and in the absence of other severe weather conditions.
Each Member must provide a non-returnable picture of each individual family member or a group picture. The size of the picture(s) should be suitable for permanent mounting on a 3 inch by 5 inch Rolodex file card and given to the Membership Chairperson. Names and ages (dates of birth) of children should be written on the reverse side of the picture. An attendant will control access to the pool during operating hours. ADMITTANCE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED UNLESS MEMBER’S PICTURES ARE ON FILE.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Everyone entering the pool is required to take a shower.
- Any person having a skin disease, wearing a bandage, having nasal or ear discharge, inflamed eyes, severe skin abrasions, infections, excessive sunburn, or any communicable diseases shall be restricted from the pool.
- Any person with a physical disability must have adult supervision while in the pool and with prior approval by the board of directors, a person may be allowed to use swim aids while in all parts of the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear specially designed swimming diapers and rubber pants.
- The introduction of bodily wastes into the pool is prohibited. This includes spitting and/or blowing noses.
- Boisterous or rough play and RUNNING are not permitted in or around the pool.
- Animals and pets, except guide dogs, are not allowed on Club property.
- Glass containers are not allowed on Club property.
- Holding, pulling or otherwise handling of the lane ropes is not permitted.
- Lifelines and other pool safety devices are for lifesaving purposes only and may only be handled by the Lifeguard staff.
- Diving boards:
- Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving boards.
- Diving must be to the front of the diving board and only when the front area is clear of swimmers. The only exceptions are, under the supervision of a Swim Team Coach, Lifeguard or other Water Safety Instructor in the course of a swimming lesson.
- Patrons using the diving board must be able to surface and swim to the side or ladder within 15 seconds. Guards who determine a swimmer is not safely reaching the side of the pool in 15 seconds may restrict the patron from use of the diving board until such time that the patron is tested by the guard and can pass the 15 second rule. If two guards on duty concur that a safety issue exists for any reason, the guards can supersede the 15-second rule and may restrict the patron from use of the board that day.
- Patrons may only bounce once before leaving the end of the diving board unless performing a regulation dive during which the standard dive approach may be used at which time no more than two bounces may occur before leaving the end of the diving board.
- Guards may close the diving boards at any time for swimming in the deep end of the pool.
- No Back dives, back flips or any other diving deemed unsafe, also to include the lifeguards.
- Questions or concerns regarding these rules should be directed to a LRCSC Board Member.
- No diving is permitted in water less than 5 feet deep or as indicated by painted lines at the edge of the pool.
- Injuries occurring on Club property must be reported to the on duty Manager immediately.
- Flotation Devices:
- Kick boards may be used for swimming laps in the lap lane ONLY, at the Pool Manager’s discretion.
- Other flotation devices such as water wings, “floaties”, etc. may be used in the wading pool (otherwise known as the baby pool) or the roped off shallow area in the main pool, and then ONLY under direct and constant parental supervision.
- Children or impaired persons may use U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets in all areas of the pool with the exception of the deep end and must have direct parental supervision. No one in a flotation device is allowed in the deep end or permitted to dive off the diving board.
- The use of fun noodles will be allowed on designated noodle nights.
- The use of snorkels is allowed. The use of Fins is not permitted.
- The lap lane may only be used for lap swimming and may be entered only from the ends of the pool. No loitering in the lap lane will be permitted, even if lane is empty. No entering the main pool, diving area etc though the lap lane.
- Sand digging is not permitted on the volleyball court due to the possibility of injury.
- Violation of the Pool Rules may result in the suspension of all Club privileges for the responsible member(s) and guest(s) for the remainder of the day by the on duty Manager. Upon review of the matter, the Board of Directors may impose further penalties including suspension or expulsion.
- Children of members, under the age of 16 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible member age 16 or older.
- Children under the age of 16 must pass a swim test administered by the Management Staff. This must be done every year until age 16. The test consists of the following:
- Jumping or diving into water that is at least 6 feet deep.
- Swimming 25 meters and
- Treading water without touching the pool wall for 60 seconds.
- Parents are advised that no child admitted to the pool unaccompanied should be allowed to stay for periods beyond the child’s own level of maturity.
- No Lifeguard or members of the Management staff may act in any way as a childcare provider, with or without compensation of any sort, during any duty shift, including break time.
- Wading Pool (otherwise known as the baby pool):
- Children age 5 and under are permitted to use the wading pool.
- Children using the wading pool must be supervised by a responsible person age 16 or older, inside the wading pool fence AT ALL TIMES.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear specially designed swimming diapers and rubber pants while in the wading pool.
A fifteen-minute adult swim will be called every hour; beginning 45 minutes after the pool has opened. Example: the pool opens at 10:00 A.M., the first break will be called at 10:45 A.M. No one under the age of 16 is permitted in the pool during this period except children 5 years of age or younger individually accompanied by an adult.
- Deliberate property damage caused by a member, his/her family or guest will be charged to the responsible family membership.
- Smoking is not permitted on any portion of the pool deck. The designated area will be clearly marked and will be near the pool pavilion. Members who smoke are responsible for the safe disposal of all smoking materials, the cleaning of ashtrays and are requested to be considerate of others.
- Cutoff shorts are not permitted in the pool.
- All trash must be placed in the available trash containers.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Club property except during Board Sponsored parties.
- Non-Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the pool deck in non-breakable containers during regular hours of operation.
- Food is not allowed at any location around the pool, within 3 feet of the edge, and each member and/or guest is responsible for cleanup of areas where food is consumed. The head lifeguard may restrict the consumption of food to the snack bar area during any given day, if the members and/or guests are not handling cleanup of areas/tables properly.
- Abusive, offensive, or profane language is not permitted from members, guests or Management staff.
- Skateboard riding and rollerblading are not permitted on Club property. Skateboards and skates may be brought inside the front gate but must be left in the proper rack for such items.
- Chairs may not be removed from the pool deck area.
- Unclaimed articles may be disposed of after 7 days.
- No radio or other sound device may be played in a manner that is offensive to any other member. This includes the Club P.A. system and individual units.
- As a courtesy to all members, please refrain from wearing a thong bathing suit (remember this is a family oriented pool).
Violations of this section may result in the immediate suspension of all Club privileges for the offending member and guest for the remainder of the day and may result in further suspension upon the review and action of the Board of Directors.
Driving and Parking
- The maximum speed limit is 5 mph in the parking area and driveways.
- Bicycle riders must use the bicycle rack area inside the front gate to park bicycles.
- The parking lot is for the exclusive us of members and guests who are actually at the pool.
The pool may be rented by adult members for private parties to be held after regular pool hours. To request a private party, the member must complete an “Agreement of Private Use of Facility” form. Then submit it with the applicable fees to the Operations Chairperson who will consider each request on a case-by-case, first-come-first served basis.
The member will be fully responsible for conforming with all rules of the Club and all applicable Prince William County curfew regulations, the admittance of guests and any damage to the Club property. The member or guest(s) may not charge admission, collect moneys for personal profit, or conduct charitable fund raising during a private party at the Club facility. The pool area must be cleared no later than 12:30 A.M. No private party will be scheduled for the evening prior to a swim meet at the pool.
The fee for the use of Club property can be found in Appendix A. A separate refundable security deposit is required. The requirements for lifeguard and supervisory personnel for parties of 50 people or less is two guards per hour while parties over 50 people will require an additional lifeguard per hour for each 50 persons. The lifeguard(s) fee and the rental must be paid in a separate check from the security deposit, each made payable to LRCSC. The paper work and checks must then be submitted to the Operations Chairperson. Additional moneys due must be paid to the Operations Chairperson the day following the party. Any excess security deposit will be refunded.
- Casual Guests
Definition: A casual guest is any person invited by a member for the day. Such guests must be accompanied by a responsible Club Member (16 years or older) while using the facility, unless the guest is under the age of 16, then they must be accompanied by a responsible Club member age 16 or older. Guests under the age of 16 must also pass a swim test given by the lifeguards upon entering the facility. A casual guest may also be a baby sitter for children under the age of 16 years of a Club Member while the Member is not present (only one baby sitter per membership). Any such baby sitter must be at least 16 years old, must be designated IN WRITING by the Member, and must accompany and supervise the Member’s children. Since the baby sitter is considered a casual guest, they must pay as a guest to enter the pool.
Rates for each of the following category of guests are listed at the sign in desk at the pool entry and in Appendix A.
- Casual Guests - passes may be purchased at the guard desk and are kept with the Member Identification card. Each pass allows 5 or 10 punches (depending on the purchase price of $25 or $50) and is valid until all punches are used. A card not completely used will remain on file from year to year until completed as long as the membership remains active.
- One-Day Guests - tickets may be purchased at the front desk. These may be purchased on a daily basis or with a punch to a Guest Pass (Also available at the front desk or from the Pool Manager.)
- Exceptions - Infants 12 months or younger, member’s grandchildren living separately from the grandparents, and grandparents, or visiting senior citizens who are 60 or older will be admitted free of charge with an accompanying pool member.
Definition: Houseguests who are guests in a Member’s home and may include an entire family. Requests for house guest(s) passes must be made in writing to the Membership Chairperson.
Definition: A seasonal guest is any person residing elsewhere but living in the home of a Club Member during the entire swim season. An example is a cousin visiting for the summer, Nanny etc. The Member must notify the Board of Directors of a seasonal guest in advance. The Membership Chairperson will issue seasonal guest passes. Each pass will be valid for the entire swim season.
- Members are fully responsible for their guests at all times.
- Guests are subject to the same rules as Members.
- All guests will sign in at the guard desk.
- Members are limited to not more than 5 minor guests per adult at any one time (unless there is a special party that has been booked at the pavilion). Requests for exceptions to this rule must be submitted to the Operations Chairperson in writing at least 7 days in advance.
- Grandchildren visiting their grand family and admitted to the pool without charge. The parents of such children are subject to the applicable guest fees.
- Violation of these Guest Rules will result in the immediate suspension of all membership privileges for the responsible Member for 7 days.
- Fun Noodles may be used in any area of the pool except the diving area, during designated Noodle Nights. THE RULES FOR NOODLE NIGHT WILL BE POSTED ON THE POOL DECK.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult on Noodle Night.
- Smaller children should remain in the shallow roped off area of the pool or be accompanied by an adult in deeper water.
- If rough play occurs, the Lifeguard on duty may at any time call a ten-minute break during which all rafts, tubes and floats must be removed from the water.
REVISION OF RULES
The pool rules will be reviewed, revised and approved by a majority of the Board of Directors annually, not less than four weeks prior to the pool opening.
Except of matters of safety and health, the pool rules shall not be revised during the swim season. An adult member must submit suggestions, proposed changes or additions to the pool rules in writing. They should then be placed in the Suggestion Box, given to the Pool Manager, or submitted to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors approved the pool rules during the month of April 2012.
Patty Parker, President
Robert Buckley, Secretary
Seasonal Guest Fee - - - - $60.00
Guest Fees - - - - - - - - - - $7.00 (Daily Rate)
A Guest Pass may be purchased for $25.00 (5 passes) or $50.00 (10 passes) and kept on the Rolodex behind the member's identification card. This pricing offers a discount for buying in larger quantities. Each casual guest will cost one punch to the guest pass.
Private Party Fees - - - - Deposit (refundable) $50.00
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Life Guard fee - Current charges as specified by Pool Management Co (see party application for applicable fees). 2 guards per first 50 people.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Non-refundable use fee - $25.00
Parties at normal operating hours - $25.00 refundable deposit if area is left clean.